The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Easter Baskets

Little R,s Easter Basket.
The day yesterday left me so exhausted but I made good progress sorting out some space for MyLittleCorner.   Still lots to do, but its exciting to know that soon I will have a place where all  my things are organised, on display and looking pretty.   I will post pictures as soon as it develops into something recognisable as a studio.

With Easter coming, I wanted to make my little R a little Easter Basket of her own to collect her eggs in.   I needed something EASY and QUICK.
So I found this lovely little pattern that is soooo easy.
http://knitting-warehouse.lionbrand.com/patterns/L0136AD.html

I have made a few alterations though.  The basic basket is the same, but I decided to make a handle of flowers ( a little prettier ) and add of course a decorative flower.    What do you think ?
I think Little R is going to love it.  She loves any kind of handbag anyway, but when she get this filled with chocolate eggs, I am sure she will be one happy little Bunny.

Have  a go at making one.  If you have any questions please feel free to write me and I will definitely try to help.   
Good Luck.  ( A few pictures to help you ! )     Do you like my self made hook ?
Simple Chain 2, Slip stitch in first chain and then Chain 2.


Use a marker for the rounds. ( I use a hair clip ! ) 


Work it like the Coasters.

This is how you work in the back loop only.
Just follow the pattern and this is what you have

Cute isn't it !
The little flowers for the handle.



This was the flower for the front of the basket
Both flowers were really simple.
First Flower:
Chain 2, Slip Stitch to form a ring
(chain 2, 1 Treble Stitch, Chain 2, Slip stitch in ring ) Repeat 5 times ( Or 6 if preferred.)
Second Flower:
Chain 4, Slip Stitch to form a ring
(Chain 3, 2 Treble Stitch, Chain 3, Slip Stitch in ring ) Repeat 5 or 6 times.

I told you easy .....
I made 6 for the handle, you can of course have a longer handle if you want.
Pretty, isn't it ?
Sew them all together and attach to the basket

Use a darning needle to ensure its secured tightly

Sew the large flower on the front and your done.   Hope it turned out well. xx

4 comments :