The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Imagine

My new wool.
I have been struggling with the "Ikea Chair" Project, I am just not enjoying it and it doesn't seem to be working out as I want or imagine.  I was wondering last night if its because the yarn I am using is just cheap yarn and doesn't feel that nice while I am working with it, so I have decided to put it to rest for a little while.

Last night I began to have a little look through some of my crotchet books ... and my Crotchet Motifs book grabbed my attention.  A lovely book, take a look on the link below, from Amazon.co.uk

 http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=crotchet+motifs


I Love this book
I sat quietly on my lovely sofa, while all the children were nicely tucked up in bed and drooled over the pages of colours and designs.  

I was not really in the mood to do a blanket (again ) so was wondering what could I do ???

I woke up this morning and thought, yep that's it, Pin Cushions.  Who does not like a lovely pin cushion ?  I just love small projects, especially as my life at the moment is in chaos.  With a small project I can enjoy the simplicity of the work, enjoy the quality of the yarn and after a small time see a wonderful result.    So that was it, it was decided. 

Just Imagine.


After spending a few hours sorting out my studio space, doing some washing, making beds and picking up after Little R ( and everyone else !! ) , I took a lovely trip to my local wool shop.  I love walking into that shop.  So many colours to choose from .    I finally decided on the purples, with a promise to myself to return as soon as money permitted to get other colours.


The first one is from the Unusual Motifs :

Not sure if I should have changed colours !

Just need to weave in the loose ends.

Finished.  Now I need to find some pretty material to make the cushion..  ( Step 2 will come soon )

The first step to my Pin Cushion just took me 20 minutes.  Great !  Especially as the children will be home soon and I have to get my "Mummy" head back on.

I will update you with the cushion side of this project soon.  ( Hope your as excited as me )



4 comments :

  1. Oh it will be perfect Charlotte!
    Hurry now and get a shop up and running :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo., I know I am working on it. I am trying to organise my space a little bit and then I am going to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea Charlotte and I love the colours! Nice one sis keep going I am loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I am so glad that your enjoying it. I am having such a great time with it. xx

    ReplyDelete