The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Rose.

I have been in my element these past few days as my mum is here visiting from Wales, UK.  We have had a lovely day, starting with exploring the Market in Delft, Netherlands.  We found a lovely stall that sold really gorgeous material. (more about that coming soon ! ) .. We spent the afternoon relaxing watching Breaking Dawn 2 ( Brilliant film) and making crotchet Roses.  They are so pretty and I just have to share them with you.

I especially love how quick they are to do and the endless possibilities for them.  You can choose any yarn you like really, I have made these with 100% cotton.   The crotchet hook I used was 3 3/4 , I guess you can experiment and use whatever you want. 

So have a look and let me know what you think .


Chain 42 .


Next row.  Chain 2, Turn then ( DC,2C,miss one ) continue to end

All the way to the end.
2chain. Turn. 1DC 2 Chain 2 DC, (2dc,2ch,2dc) in every space.

Like this ..... all the way to the end

Change colour .... ( if you want ) 5dc in every 2chain space, 1ss in middle of other 4 dc..  like this.

Darn in the ends neatly with a darning needle.
Roll it up ... like so

Can you see what I mean ?

The Rose ... isn't it lovely ?
 I love making these and have made a few in a small amount of time.  They are great for decorating things, for broaches, scarfs, gloves, bags or anything really.   I hope that you enjoy making them.  I did.

The bowl is a present from my Mum ( I Love it )


3 different shades.  The bowl was handmade by my talented sister .. here is a link to her blog http://joypureandsimple.com

Have fun....


8 comments :

  1. lovely charl ... it was fun making these together

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was mum. I love being with you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses are sooo cute! I have to give them a try. Thanks for sharing Charlotte! - Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome Theresa, is you have any questions just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can not believe you still have that bowl!
    Your roses are gorgeous too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo., of course I still have the bowl ... I have always loved it.

      Delete
  6. Oh man... I have just started to do a beginners tutotial on crocheting today. Mmmh too bad you are not here anymore to show me, I started learning at schoolwhen I was 8 and failed miserably. Well, I for sure have some practicing to do but I am not quite giving up yet.
    Nathali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please dont, its so much fun. There are so many really good tutorials out there. Good Luck .. if you need any advice let me know. xx I would love to see your results if you want to post a picture.

      Delete