The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mums Quilt as you Go Cushion


I love having Mum here .... we have been busy busy busy ...  while I have been trying to finish off my Starling Bag and also making some felted slippers ( More about that another time)  Mums been busy learniing how to quilt as you go.  A brilliant method of quilting blocks as you patchwork the pieces together.  You can make lots of blocks and then make a quilt or like mum turn one block into a cushion.

These are her choices of material

First you need to have a centre piece.  Mum chose a square.

I love her choice of material.   Its gorgeous

This needs to be pinned in the centre of your backing material and also your wadding

Then you start adding your strips bit by bit

You measure, cut and then sew directly onto the quilt right sides facing


Just keep turning your piece and adding more strips



I Love the colours


Its a good idea to iron as you go along, makes it neater and easier to work


Here it is ... the complete block of Quilt as you Go !!  

All we need to do now is make the back and sew them together.    Have to decide whether to do an envelope cushion, or button cushion or tied cushion.   Mmmm  Any thoughts ?

2 comments :

  1. It's good to see your blog up and running again!
    Your step-by-step instructions are so clever!
    Mum's quilt is beautiful too.
    I reckon a tied cushion with co-ordinating ties would be so pretty!
    Love and hugs
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, and I think it will be the easiest to be honest. Well, updates will come soon. xx

      Delete