The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Progress, progress, progress .....

Progress Progress Progress .....  yeah, I am finally back online.  My lovely husband has been able to retrieve my blog and has  fixed me up with a good security package for future protection.    Thank you lovely hubby.

In the meantime, I have made some progress with the Starling Handbag.   I finished crocheting the correct height and started doing the handles, using a Foundation Chain Stitch.  I had no idea what that even was to be honest, but "futuregirl" is wonderful and has offered a lovely tutorial.  Here is the link if you want to have a look.   http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/labels/tutorials.aspx

My first attempt at the Foundation Chain Stitch.
I know it could be a little neater, but this is something I need to practise.  I love the material I have for the inside of the bag,  I have a lovely ball of wall that will make a gorgeous rose for it.

I think that the colour matches perfectly.

What do you think.

So I continued to crotchet the handles, once the foundation row was done it was easy ..... here it is. 

Now we have to just line it .

First things first... you have to measure the bag .. height and width.

Cut it to size.

Sew together with right sides facing.

Then the corner ... pull bottom seam and side seam together to form a point.

Then mark it so that you can sew across which will form the bottom of the bag

Like this

Then pop it into the bag .... now all that's left is to sew around it and sew on the broach.. 


I love how sturdy it it, even though its not finished yet.


I think I need to sew the lining by hand and I haven't done that yet, I will post the finished result soon. Let me know what you think so far.

I'm glad to be back and have missed you all so much.  From MyLittleCorner.  


















No comments :

Post a Comment