The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I miss my hook !

I miss my hook !!  I think its time to get back to crochet.  I just need a new Project ...... I was looking for something to make for a gift, or should I say to hold 'the' gift.  And I found this .. on the link under the image, copied from a lovely site called craftaholics anonymous ( take a look it has really nice patterns  for Free - Don't you just LOVE free patterns )


Maybe I will start tonight.  First things first though.  Children must be fed, dressed, washed and put to bed !!   Hope you all have a lovely evening doing what you love.  From MyLittleCorner.


http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Crochet-Spa-Basket-@hip2thrift.jpg
http://www.google.de/imgres?q=square+crochet+basket&hl=de&biw=1366&bih=614&tbm=isch&tbnid=kJn7E_wQHa6LNM:&imgrefurl=http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/how-to-crochet-a-basket&docid=5QzceJT-16B7KM&imgurl=http://www.craftaholicsanonymous.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Crochet-Spa-Basket-%2540hip2thrift.jpg&w=2274&h=1978&ei=E3GSUditHobC0QWw1IDAAw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=912&vpy=255&dur=3929&hovh=209&hovwH

4 comments :

  1. Just started making a set of three of similar baskets! They're so quick to make it's satisfying to have a finished item at the end of the evening. Makes a change from the blanket I'm making which never seems to get any closer to finishing point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I do like quick projects .. its true its great to feel like you have finished something. I do have a question for you Louise, if thats ok ! With the baskets your making are you planning to stiffen the wool with some kind of starch product. The wool I have chosen is not that sturdy, so I was "hoping" that spraying it with starch will work !! ( a tip I found on-line ) Do you have any experience with this. Or should I have chosen different wool ? Thanks Louise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used any kind of stiffening products before. The wool I've been using is a 50% cotton, 50% acrylic mix that seems sturdy enough for the smallest size (approx. 8x8cm) Time will tell if it works for the larger sizes too, I'll let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ... I finished a quite large sized round basket today and will be trying the startching tomorrow... I guess I will find out !! :) Thanks for your reply. I will post my results tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete