The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Music Satchel (Part 1)

First things first ... making a pattern. I need a bag that is the right size to hold Music Books and Manuscripts for my Little E for Music School.    I found the perfect material and have searched and searched for the perfect pattern. But, I just could not find it, so I have decided to make one myself .  "Gulp !! " 

Ahhhh !! Must say I am a little scared, having never done this before. I definitely don't want to mess up
and waste the material.

So here we go.. surely all I have to do is measure and cut !!

Made the paper pattern and pinned it on this "awesome" material.

Of course with Little R,s help !!
The Lining ... I love the way that the colours match.  Do you ?

Well the outside material is cut out , there is no turning back ...
Just need to do the same with the lining ! Do you like how it matches ?



Just checking that the music books are the right size ( should have done this earlier !! )  Hope it fits.

Phew !   Well this is as far as I have gone.  Of course I need to start the sewing process, but I don't think that I will be able to find the time today.  Time to start having a quick tidy around and put the children's tea on.  Check back with me to see Part 2 of the Music Satchel and how it actually turns out !!    Are you as excited as me.    Take care everyone, from MyLittleCorner.


1 comment :

  1. I am very excited to see how it turns out!
    The lining is perfect for the bag!!
    Lucky Lizzie.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete