The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Wool shops and possibilities

There is nothing quite like it is there.  To walk into a wool shop, the excitement, the smell, the colours.  Oh how I just LOVE it.  I stand there in amazement at the endless possibilities that these lovely little balls of wool can create and what they will become.  

These last few days I have felt so dissatisfied with my crafty side.  This has been evident in my endless start and failure to complete projects.  I started a makeup purse, printed the fabric cut the pieces, started ... but for some reason could not finish.   I then attempted to make my lovely blue crochet basket, ( and we all know how that turned out !!)  I then made a little dummy/pacifier holder, which is not finished yet, because I am waiting for the delivery of the little clips.....  see what I mean, dissatisfaction.

So today, I had to do it.  I had to walk into what can only be described as a Happy Place.

This is what I came out with.....


Don't you just love the dusty colour. 
What do I have in mind I hear you ask ... well so far it looks like this .
I'm trying to obtain a vintage look, which is why I have used a loose pattern...
Of course I have to make sure that this little project actually gets finished.  But I do have a bit of a deadline and a reason ( details at a later time ) so there is a good chance that it will be finished soon.  And I must say I love to have something that I can get my teeth into ..... wish me luck. ..

Oh yes, this is how far I have got with the dummy/pacifier holder.  What do you think so far ?

Of course I have to weave in the yarn ends and add the clip.
 For a first attempt I think it turned out ok, but I have some other ideas I want to play around with.  Hopefully when the clips come I will make a few different ones to show you.

I hope that your day was a good one.  From MyLittleCorner

4 comments :

  1. love your "happy place" and yes - the wool is the perfect colour!! I love that dusky pink so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I even have one of those clips!!!
    Sending you it asap
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo for all your lovely comments, exactly what I needed today. !! :)

    ReplyDelete