The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Monday, June 24, 2013

Stars and Circles.

Stars  Last night I managed to  finish the beanie hat to go with these darling baby slippers ..  What do you think?    The pattern turned out to be easy.  I have written it out for you at the bottom of this post.  I used 100 % Cotton, given that it is (supposed to be) Summer.   I love the little red stripe running through it.  Do you ?

 
The star shape was also very easy, I found a great tutorial here.



Circles Little R is starting to learn her shapes and colours.  Her first and most proudest shape is a circle. Unfortunately, my poor white leather sofa is taking rather a bashing while she discovers her artistic side.



So to avoid any other incidents today,  I decided to take Little R,s mind off drawing circles,  we picked up the children from school and headed for the beach.   Ok, I admit it was also for my sanity.  There was quite a bit of wind, but it was wonderful, the fresh air and all that space. I just Love it, it clears my mind and allows me to just forget about anything else accept the moment.  It was so quiet on the beach, just the sound of the waves and the wind ... perfect.


But this did not take Little R,s mind off circles.
 



She is so clever ... her lovely brother played with her too.   Circles it was then. 




 All the children started drawing in the sand, it was so much fun to watch them being so concentrated.  They started teaching Rosie other shapes...

Maya was watching with a lot of interest.


She almost got a square ...  what a clever girl.


 After the beach, everyone was tired and quite happy to do their own thing.  This gave me a little bit of time to myself.   With circles in mind, look what I found .




 Isn't it great ... You can find it here on a great blog site called withlovelinda.blogspot.com

With this inspiration, I sat for a few minutes and played around with a few odds and ends that I have, this is what I came up with.  This pillow is definitely something I am going to try out.  Might need another trip to the wool shop for some more colours ... greens, blues, reds, oranges ... Oooh, excitement. 



As promised .....

The Beanie Hat Pattern.

I used number 4 crochet needle, and 100 % Cotton.  ( takes 25 gram ) 

Abbreviations. 

Ch   Chain
hdc  Half Double Crochet
dc    Double Crochet
st     Stitch
slst   Slip Stitch


1.        Magic Ring  (Great tutorial here)
2.        Ch 1, 7 hdc into ring, slst to first ch ( 8 stitches )
3.        Ch 2 ( counts as 1 dc ) dc in same st, 2dc in each st, join slst ( 16 ) 
4.        Ch 2 ( counts as 1 dc ) dc in same st, 2 dc in each st, join slst ( 32 ) 
5.        Ch 2 (counts as 1 dc) dc in same st, (1dc in next 2, 2dc in next st ) repeat, join slst
6.        Ch 2, dc in same st, ( 1dc in next 3, 2 dc in next st ) repeat, join slst
7.        Ch 2, dc in same st, (1dc in next 4, 2dc in next st ) repeat, join slst
8 - 12. Ch 2 , 1 dc in each stitch around.
13.      Change to alternate colour ( red ) Ch1,  1sc in each stich, join slst
14       Ch 2, 1 dc in each stitch, join slst
15 -16.Ch 1, 1 sc in each stitch, join slst.  Fasten off , weave in ends.   

Sew on the star shape or other motif of choice.... there you have it.  Told you it was simple.  Hope that it is clear, let me know if you have any questions. 

Did your day shape up as you wanted ... Love from MyLittleCorner




No comments :

Post a Comment