The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Stitch in Time.

Over the past Four days, I have been desperately trying to master the Crossed Over Cable Stitch ... its a really interesting stitch and while I totally understand the principle of the stitch, I am just not getting the desired effect I am after .... Ahhh !! So annoying.  I have undone my work every single night, which is very frustrating.

It looks like this ... this is a picture from a lovely crochet blog namely Crochet Dreamz  (It really is worth checking out, you will find some lovely crochet work there ) 



I wanted to use this stitch (with a little less formality), so that it represented my lovely gorgeous bark.  Wouldn't it be perfect !?  But I just cant seem to get it .  I have tried and tried and tried. 


I found another great example of what I am trying to achieve from 

Isn't it brilliant !!    Hard to believe that it was done with crochet. 

Linked Cables Scarf Crochet Pattern PDF

I will not give up , I will continue to try it out... but at least I found the perfect stitch and in time I will master it.

In the meantime I am looking for something to represent the lilly pads and their fascinating flowers.


Wish me luck !  Hope you are all still enjoying the sunshine.   

Lots of love  MyLittleCorner

2 comments :

  1. I really like the way you are replicating patterns from nature in crochet. I've never tried cable crochet but the effect it gives is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cable pattern would be perfect for your bark project! Keep on keeping on, I know you will get it right soon :-D

    ReplyDelete