The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Texture and Crotchet

During a wonderful walk in the forest with my gorgeous children, I had an idea!!    I started to notice all the textures in nature and began to be excited to transfer them into crochet.   I started with the Basket Weave Stitch.
 
 The Basket Weave Stitch.  

This is a stitch I have not tried before, it looks really complicated doesn't it ?  Believe me though, it really isn't.  Its simply a method of crocheting in the front of the stitch stem and behind the stitch stem.  Once you get a hang of it it is really easy. I worked in rows of 4 and stitches of 4.  It has a wonderful bumpy thick texture, great for face clothes !! Which is what I have decided to make with my samples.  


  I love how it looks and feels.  I especially love  how similar it is to this wonderful tree bark.
 

I am working on a stitch to go with this wonderful picture of a cluster of mushrooms  ... check in with me soon to see what I come up with.  

Hope that your all enjoying this wonderful Sunshine.  Lots of love  MyLittleCorner.









1 comment :

  1. I haven't tried many crochet stitches yet. The basket weave is interesting, I love your inspiration behind it.

    ReplyDelete