The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Lilly Pad

I set about to look for something that I could crochet to represent the Lilly Pad and its beautiful flower.
 

 I came up with this....




I'm not sure if I achieved it or not, but it was fun to make and very quick and easy.  The idea was from a wonderful blog, Delights Gems  She was making gorgeous pot holders.  I used her pattern for the base but made it considerably smaller and with the same principle I created the flower, but I did not fill the whole base, just half way, so that the flower is sitting on the pad. 

What do you think ?    I am thinking that I should have made the petals a little more pointy.  I think that I will try again !  Experimenting is always fun. 


Lots of love from My Little Corner



No comments :

Post a Comment