The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Different Hats

The day has finished and the garden and pool in my sisters beautiful garden are empty and still. 

 Things have been left where they were last played with, and with the children now in bed it has given me some time to think over this lovely day.  

Throughout the day I have sat on the patio watching 14 Cousins all playing together while I crocheted a Hat for my lovely Brother. ( It will be his  birthday soon !) 

Then I remembered something my Sister P said  about all the different types of Hats we ( and by that I mean mums ) need to wear throughout the day. Constantly swapping them around swiftly and smoothly to ensure that every ones needs are taken care of.


We have been here now almost 2 weeks and already have dealt with many bumps and bruises. We have even had 2 trips to the Emergency Room.  Thankfully nothing turned out to be too serious, but nevertheless we have to put our Nurses cap on many times throughout the day. 


The hat that I am enjoying at the moment is the friend and listener .  As the children grow it is so lovely to be able to talk with them about other things than Iggle Piggle or Upsy Daisy.   This is my lovely L who is enjoying a homemade Knickerbocker Glory sitting with me in the garden while I crochet.  She is such a talented little girl, I love that I can start to talk to her about more "grown up" things.
 

Isn't this desert absolutely brilliant.  Who needs to take a trip to the Ice-cream parlour when we have one right here.  Of course this would mean that we need to put on our Cooks hat.  14 children and 7 Adults all need feeding and this can be quite a task in itself.  I often stand amazed at how quickly my sister P manages this. 

 It is so lovely to be able to take the time to sit and watch the children play and to be there for them when they simple need a loving arm around them.


 Or a warm towel to keep them warm after playtime in the pool.  Of course this is another hat, the hat of carer and comforter.  (which is my most favorite hat of all  ).


 I know that there are many many more different hats that we all wear, I am sure that you know of a lot more.  I just think that it is a blessing to be able to have the opportunity to wear these hats and to enjoy Family Life.  After all what else is there ??

What hats have you all been wearing today ? I would love to know. 

Lots of love from MyLittleCorner


No comments :

Post a Comment