The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Incomplete

It has been a while since I have written a post, I have been insanely busy with so many things that the days are just getting away from me here at MyLittleCorner.

I have been spending some time working on my Tumblr SimplyMyCorner, which I have to say I am enjoying very much.  Its so nice to gather a collection of beautiful images that you can just look at over and over and dream.  I have discovered a world of beautiful blogs, containing beautiful things, it has I have to admit consumed a fair bit of my spare time. 

Also I have been having many many thoughts about Christmas and the gifts I would like to make for family and friends.   The problem is I seem to have so many projects on the go but have not, or cannot finish them for one reason or another.

 For instance.

I wanted to make a pair of fingerless mittens, I  started but then realised that both would not be the same, so I  needed to buy a different ball of wool.


So I unrolled it and now want to start a different project with it .... but what, should it be a hot water bottle cover, a cabled loose knit scarf .... what ???


Then there is this project, cant say too much about this one as it is a future Christmas Gift, but it needs to  be sewn up and completed.  I need to buy something to finish this one off completely and as finances are a little tight at the moment, it is on hold .


The same for these projects too, simply need a little bit of spare cash.  ( You know how it is ! )


Then there is this one,  this has been going on and on for a while, it is going to be a felted knitted bag.  For some reason it is taking me forever, it sits in a little basket at the base of my shelf and the poor thing is not getting the attention it needs to finish it.  No, finance is not the issue here, ( I did in the past indulge in all the wool needed to finish the project ) No its just me being distracted with so many other things.


Looking at it again though, it is gorgeous wool and I am excited to finish it, must start that one again soon.  There should be no excuses. 


Then there is this one ... this is also a future Christmas Gift, so cannot say too much, the wool is lovely to knit with, its a 50% Wool blend and I just love the rustic boyish charm the colours display.  I have to say this has been the project that I am currently working on and I am enjoying it, but it is knitting up rather slowly even though I am using Number 8 needles.   ( Why am I so impatient )


Then there is my Autumn Throw Project.  I love this one too and have been very excited about it.   I especially love how quick it is to crochet up a square.  But it is on hold for the moment ... you guessed it "Money"... I need a few more balls of a different colour to finish off the design and then I can join them all together and make a border.  I did consider making do, but I want it to be wonderful, so I have decided to wait for a while.   


This is a project I have not even started.  I want to knit my little R a pair of felted slippers.  I have the wool and the pattern, I just simply have not started yet !  ( What is wrong with me ! )


 Then there is the rainbow felted purse.  I started this when I was in Britain.  A simple crochet project with the spare felting wool that I had left over.  All I need to do is sew in a zip !!  I say all, but the truth is I have never done it before and as a result keep putting it off .... I must be brave and try ..   I think its lovely don't you. 


Yes., it goes on .... while I was digging through all my projects, I found these... I started making these gorgeous colourful circles, using the left over cottons that I had.   I thought first that I would turn them into granny squares ... but kind of lost my idea as to what it was going to become, so yet again it took a back seat.  ( I am more and more convinced that there is something wrong with me ! )


I also found a few individually crochet shapes, I was experimenting here really and was not  making anything special.  I did think to sew pin cushions with them, or use them to decorate sewn items.  Any ideas would be very much appreciated !!  I seem to be a little bit lost as to what to do with them, but I must say they do look rather nice don't they ? 


Well you can see my dilemma cant you.   I seem to be starting many many things, but for one reason or another I don't seem to finish them.  Maybe I need  a plan, maybe I need some advice, of course for some things I simply need money, but then who doesn't these days.

The biggest problem I think I have is that there are so many other ideas swimming around in my head that I would like to start, but I dare not until I have had some closure with  the ones I have .

Would love to hear your comments, your advice or simply your reassurance that sometimes its ok to let things sit unfinished.

Lots of love from MyLittleCorner

1 comment :

  1. Hi Charlotte, know the feeling. Its so exciting to start on the many ideas you have in your head. What i did is becoming strict with myself, finish of one project before starting a new one. Only when i do start on a new idea eventually the excitement has gone already, so thats the down side of it :-). So unfortunately no good advice from me, but recognition for the problem. I am looking forward to see the fall blanket! Liefs Stefanie

    ReplyDelete