The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Progressing

I have been busy making lots of progress around the house, organising bedrooms, closets, toy cupboards and general cleaning.  Its been quite an exhausting business and I have managed to fill many many black bags full of rubbish, who would have thought I was such a hoarder !!

It has been such a blessing to have the comfort of my Autumn Project to snuggle up with in the evenings.  I have found myself, excited to get back to my little corner of the sofa, with my crochet hook in hand to start another chunky square.

Each one is 13 inches squared and luxuriously soft and chunky.  I have managed to crochet six so far and am in the middle of the seventh.  I am thoroughly enjoying myself and cannot wait to show you the finished result.


I am loving the way that the wool feels and how quick it is working up !!  I have decided to add another colour to give it a more of a warm Autumn feel ... what do you think ?


I am hoping that when it is all together the colours will match nicely.  I know its a little bold but then again why not.   I would also like to put an oatmeal colour in.   ( Any thoughts ! )

I have been experimenting big time with Cable stitches, using front and back post triple crochet stitches.  It is so much fun and super easy to do.   If you want a try don't be intimidated by how complicated it looks ( I was ! ) but I was determined to learn it and guess what ..... it is super easy.

I have decided to write a pattern for this blanket as it is completely my own design.  If you follow Ravelry, you can find it there under  mylittlecornernow

I hope to get on that as soon as I find some time.  Even though the children are all back in school, but with all the running around  and the piles of coats, school bags, PE Kits and so on, scattered around the place, I seem to be forever cleaning and sorting !!  Phew !!!  

Here is a little preview of some of the squares ...







It was difficult to actually show the cable stitches clearly, but I think it gives you an  idea of what it is starting to look like .  

How has your weekend been.. any new projects on the go.

Lots of love from MyLittleCorner

2 comments :

  1. I really love the colours you are using here - they are softy and autumnal and will be perfect for this project. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian, I am also thinking of putting a warm, grey blue in there somewhere.... what do you think ?

      Delete