The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Keeping Warm.

Now that my Autumn Blanket is finished I am missing having something to get my teeth into so I decided to start another quick chunky cable blanket.  Its not going to be very big, just enough to wrap around you on the sofa.

The wool is a cheaper blend, a 80%, 20% Wool mix, but its nice to work with and has a lovely natural tweed running through it.   It is surprisingly warm and as the wool is so cheap I decided to crochet two strands together, this gives it  a really warm thick texture.


I am running a few cable stitches up the blanket and I love how effective it is, do you ?


As you can see I am using a nice big chunky crochet hook ... its very comfortable.  I love working with wooden hooks.


I know its not a very clear picture, but I wanted  you to get the idea of the cable stitches going up in rows throughout, like I said its not going to be that big, I chained 100 stitches for the starter row and have five 4 row cable stitches running throughout. 


What do you think ?   This has been keeping me busy over the last two days.  What have you been busy with, I would love to hear from you .. 

Lots of love from MyLittleCorner

6 comments :

  1. It looks lovely and warm! I just got some candles to make my house smell nice, and I was thinking of you and your tips on little things that make a big difference when hubby or kids walk through the door. It's nice to come into a warm home and sniff –ahhhhhh! Lovely also to warm up under some work. Is there a movie going on while you're doing this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina .. to be honest Little R dominates the TV at the moment. Haha

      Delete
  2. It looks so cosy and snuggly, just perfect for autumn, I love the cable stitch you've added. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gillian, it has been a really easy peasy crochet, in fact its almost finished ... pics coming soon.

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely it will be so warm and cosy to snuggle under x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is already, I love having it wrapped around my legs as I work on it . x

      Delete