The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Witches and Broomsticks !

We have already started organising our Halloween Decorations and have even (I must admit) started to cobweb up our front garden..... 


Much to my Little R,s delight .... she walked around rather excited the whole time in her Witches Hat . For some reason she liked it on backwards ...
 But today I really enjoyed watching my talented L do a bit of Halloween craftiness and I thought I would share it with you. She started out asking for my help, she needed a bit of old wood to make a sign and we quite resourcefully used an old thrown away pallet.  We sawed off the right size (which to be honest was just guess work) ...


The next step was a thin coat of white emulsion ... it gave it a really effective old vintage look.


 Then she set about designing her sign.    The thing is, when we decorate for Halloween, we do love to go overboard and L wanted to have this sign next to our Broomsticks and Hats ( Pictures will follow ... on Hallows Eve of course !  ) We both had a giggle at the first design because it took her a  while to see that she was mixing two languages !!  My children are now trilingual, being Dutch, German and English ... ( proud mummy ! )


As soon as her wood was dry .. and I think to be honest it was not really quite dry but she was super impatient ... she started to make her sign.



A quick rub with sandpaper  and voila .....  isn't it Brilliant !!!   



It was this simple and I think extremely effective.  Well done my darling L.   There are loads of different things you can write, like   Enter if you dare ,  or  Wicked Treats here .... I am sure with a bit of imagination you can think of loads.

How are your plans for Halloween coming along.  Would love to hear about them.

Lots of love from MyLittleCorner.

4 comments :

  1. She did a lovely job on her sign! :) I also tend to be quite impatient waiting for paint to dry, so I don't blame her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny! And very clever of L to design the font that way!
    I love the little witches hat R is wearing too :)
    Love and hugs to you all!
    Miss you!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete