The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Beating the January Blues

The Winter Christmas Month of December is so romantic and exciting, but as we start to enter January I start feeling the winter blues in a big way.    I find myself looking forward to the Spring Months .   A time of new beginnings, new starts, clean ups and simply start overs.

I have been a little slow on focusing on the "new beginnings" this year, because we have been hit hard in the family with the winter bugs... Ahh!  I hate being sick, it is so frustrating, especially when the children are sick, because its so hard getting on with things when you feel like hiding under the bed covers.

But  I am trying hard to focus on a few things that will hopefully dig me out of the blues ... take a look.

1. Firstly, a new look...  I want a new hair style and new hair colour.   I think that as I am now 44 its time to go shorter and a little lighter, I was thinking something like this.  What do you think?



2.  The next thing I want to concentrate on is my photography skills.  I love photography and wish so much I could do it better.  Father Christmas was so lovely as to buy me some equipment, a great book and a short photography course ( thanks hubby )  .... so look out 2014 here I come.



3.  Another project I want to start is this wonderful stripey blanket.  I have long admired its colours and patterns from a lovely blog called Little Woollie  I am sure that you have heard of it, if not it is definitely worth taking a look at. I want to buy the wool, learn new stitches and take my time to make this gorgeous blanket .... just for me!!



4. The fourth thing I want to start doing is ... taking some time out for "me".  I want to learn to relax, ponder and meditate.   I am not sure how I am going to accomplish this with a very active 2 year old running around the house, but I am going to find a way.


 5.  Baking !!  Not my strongest point.  I am one of those people that absolutely LOVE cooking shows, cooking books, and cooking blogs.  But somehow when I try it myself it always seems to be stressful, I make a mess, I feel exhausted... it just simply does not turn out the way it does on the Great British Bake Off !!  But I am determined to learn, I had this great  Paul Hollywood book (also from Father Christmas .... thanks Mam!) and my goal is to perfect every recipe... quite a challenge I hear you say, well,  I hear you!!


6.  The final thing I want to try and do is to set up an Etsy Shop or some kind of shop, on a small scale, selling a few of the things that I make.  I was thinking of starting with handmade crochet hooks, which I love making.   And maybe some Crochet Kits ... at the moment these are simply thoughts and ideas, but I hope as the year progresses, so do my thoughts, into action .



Do you have any plans, goals or ideas that are helping you beat the January Blues!  I would love to hear about them. 

Hope that the start of 2014 is going well for you all.   Lots of love MyLittleCorner

8 comments :

  1. So lovely Charl! And your projects are so much better than mine! 1. New look -you know I am changing the colour of my hair nearly every month... 2. Loosing weight - 6 kilos till september NOT ENOUGH!!!! 3. Stop smoking - please don't ask... not strong enough... 4. Train hard - it is sooooooo hard! But my personal Trainer loves me and help me soooo much! 5. Diving - I'm scared!!! 6. Relax! - not enough time but I'll try. Hope we both could realize a few projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love all of these Britta ... You have a personal trainer ... wicked ! And I will send you loads and loads of supportive love for the smoking and loosing weight ... Also, cant wait to hear about the Diving ! Love and Miss Ya so much. xx

      Delete
    2. You know my personal Trainer! It's Ingo! Sometimes I think it would be easier for me if I had a person named Klaus or Peter... he is reading all the time about Trainings and watches videos. At first he tries it by himself, then I have to do the same. And he is loud! It's hard work but we have time together. Miss ya toooooooooooooo!

      Delete
  2. Good to hear your plans for the year!
    Hope everyone is feeling a little better - getting rid of those nasty bugs and viruses!!
    Good luck with the baking - it's so lovely to eat your own bread :)
    Love to everyone
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo., we seem to be recovering.. ( slowly ) but I look forward to getting started on 2014. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post - I thing your to do list is great, my favourite is your photo of reading a book in the middle of the lake- so glamorous I can only wish.
    Thank you for popping by my blog Sue x

    ReplyDelete