The photographs on my blog are my own and while you are free to use them please be so kind and credit MyLittleCorner.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My Bits and Bobs Basket.

Are you like me and have hundreds of little balls of wool ... I am always wondering what to make with them all, well yesterday I had an idea. !!!    
I grabbed a few of the ones, where I thought the colours complimented each other and started to work on my Bits and Bobs Basket. I mixed them with T-Shirt Yarn, 400 Grams in Dark Grey.  I used a 10mm Hook to start with and changed to 12mm after the second row. 
  I didn't really have a pattern but I knew what I wanted.  A round basket that would hold all my bits and bobs while I worked on the sofa in the evenings with my crochet projects.   I also wanted to be able to carry it around with me easily, so I started with a basic circle...

Then when I thought it was the size I was after I did the next row with sc in the back of the stitch, this helps start the sides ...
I just LOVE the colours, they have all mixed in so well.    I wanted to make handles so I simply did 10 Foundation Stitches both sides and worked the handles to the thickness that I wanted.....  see super easy and lots of quick fun. 

And there you have it ... a gorgeous wool basket made from Bits and Bobs for my Bits and Bobs.


I just love quick projects don't you ?
Hope that your week is going well so far.  Lots of love from MyLittleCorner

2 comments :

  1. Such a great idea! I love the handles, so easy but effective :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea! I love how you could do all this without a pattern - I would need it all written down for me. But it's a fun way to use up small amounts of yarn and very useful too. x

    ReplyDelete